How To Cook Rice On A Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice On A Stove.
– 1 cup of long grain white rice
– 2 cups of water
1. Start by rinsing the rice. Place the rice in a fine mesh sieve and rinse under cold running water for a few minutes until the water runs clear.
2. Place the rinsed rice and 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
3. Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
4. Cover the saucepan and let the rice simmer for 18 minutes.
5. After 18 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice rest, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
6. After 10 minutes, fluff the cooked rice with a fork and serve.
– For best results, use a heavy bottomed saucepan with a tight fitting lid.
– If you like your rice on the softer side, add an additional 1/4 cup of water.
– For a slightly nuttier flavor, dry toast the rice in the saucepan for 2-3 minutes before adding water.