How To Cook Rice In The Microwave
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice In The Microwave.
1 cup of white rice
2 cups of water
Salt to taste
1. Start by rinsing the rice in a strainer until the water runs clear. This removes the excess starch from the rice and helps to keep it from sticking together.
2. Place the rice and water in a microwave-safe bowl, and stir in the salt.
3. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap. Make sure to leave a small gap for steam to escape.
4. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high power for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, remove the bowl from the microwave and let it sit for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve.
– If you are cooking more than 1 cup of rice, increase the time by 1-2 minutes for each additional cup of rice.
– If you want to add flavor to the rice, you can add butter, herbs, or spices to the cooking water.
– Be sure to use a large enough bowl so that the rice does not overflow in the microwave.
– Do not leave the bowl uncovered, as this can cause the rice to dry out.