How To Cook Rice In The Instant Pot
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice In The Instant Pot.
– 1 cup white long-grain rice
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon butter or oil (optional)
1. Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer until the water runs clear.
2. Add the rinsed rice, 1 3/4 cups water, salt and butter or oil (if using) to the Instant Pot.
3. Stir and make sure all the ingredients are evenly distributed in the pot.
4. Secure the lid and set the pressure release valve to the “sealing” position.
5. Select the “Manual” or “Pressure Cook” setting and set the time to 3 minutes on “High Pressure” and press “Start”.
6. The Instant Pot will take several minutes to build up the pressure before the timer begins.
7. When the timer beeps, do a quick release by carefully turning the pressure release valve to the “venting” position.
8. When the pressure is released and the pin drops, open the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.
9. Serve the rice immediately.
– The ratio of water to rice is 1:1.5.
– Always use the same measuring cup to measure out the rice and the water.
– If you’re cooking more than 1 cup of rice, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time accordingly (usually 1 minute additional per cup of rice added).
– For drier and firmer rice, reduce the cooking time by 1 minute.
– For softer and moister rice, increase the cooking time by 1 minute.
– If you prefer to use a natural pressure release, you can do that instead of the quick release. Simply wait for 10 minutes after the timer beeps, then turn the pressure release valve to the “venting” position.