How To Cook Rice In A Pressure Cooker
All you need to know about: How To Cook Rice In A Pressure Cooker.
-1 cup of long grain white rice
-1¼ cups of water
-1 tablespoon of butter, oil, or margarine (optional)
1. Measure out 1 cup of long grain white rice and place it in the pressure cooker pot.
2. Add 1¼ cups of water and 1 tablespoon of butter, oil, or margarine (optional) to the pot.
3. Close the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the pressure valve is set to “sealing.”
4. Select the “rice” setting on the pressure cooker, or select the “manual” setting and set the timer for 4 minutes.
5. When the timer is up, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes before opening the lid.
6. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
-If you are cooking brown rice, increase the cooking time to 20 minutes.
-You can also add herbs, spices, or vegetables to the rice before cooking for added flavor.
-If you are cooking in bulk, you can double or triple the recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.