How To Cook Mexican Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Mexican Rice.
How to Cook Mexican Rice
Mexican rice is a flavorful side dish that is easy to make and goes well with almost any Mexican-inspired meal. It is made with long grain white rice, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and spices. Follow these simple steps for a delicious Mexican rice dish.
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 small onion, chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
– 1 cup long grain white rice
– 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
– 2 cups chicken broth
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon chili powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 cup frozen corn
– 1/4 cup sliced green olives
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the rice, tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
3. Stir in the corn and olives and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.