How To Cook Brown Rice On The Stovetop
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brown Rice On The Stovetop.
1 cup of brown rice
2 cups of water
1. Begin by rinsing the brown rice. Place it in a fine mesh strainer and rinse it under cold water until the water runs clear.
2. Place the rinsed brown rice in a medium-sized pot with a tight fitting lid. Add in two cups of water and stir.
3. Place the pot over high heat and bring the water to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, place the lid on top, and simmer for about 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, turn off the heat and let the rice sit in the pot with the lid on for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve your cooked brown rice warm.
– If you are looking to add flavor to the rice, you can add a few tablespoons of butter or olive oil to the pot before cooking.
– If the rice is still crunchy after the allotted cooking time, you can add a few tablespoons of water to the pot, cover with the lid, and let it cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
– You can also add a pinch of salt to the water before cooking to add flavor to the rice.