How To Cook Brown Rice On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brown Rice On The Stove.
– 1 cup of brown rice (long-grain, short-grain, or jasmine)
– 2 cups of water
– 1 teaspoon of salt (optional)
1. Rinse the brown rice in a fine-mesh strainer under running water until the water runs clear.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine the rinsed brown rice, 2 cups of water, and salt (if using) over medium-high heat.
3. Bring the water to a boil and stir the rice. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with a tight-fitting lid.
4. Simmer the rice on low heat for about 45 minutes. Do not lift the lid or stir the rice while it is cooking.
5. Once the cooking time is finished, remove the saucepan from the heat and let the rice sit, covered, for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Serve the cooked brown rice with your favorite meal. Enjoy!