How To Cook Black Rice
All you need to know about: How To Cook Black Rice.
• 2 cups of black rice
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
• 2 cups of vegetable broth or water
• 1 teaspoon of salt
1. Begin by rinsing the black rice in a strainer until the water runs clear.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Add the black rice to the pot and stir to coat it in the oil and garlic. Stir in the pepper, vegetable broth (or water) and salt.
4. Increase the heat to high and bring the pot to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot.
5. Simmer the rice for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. When the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, remove the pot from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
7. Fluff the black rice with a fork and serve. Enjoy!