Arborio Rice How To Cook
All you need to know about: Arborio Rice How To Cook.
Cooking Arborio Rice
Arborio rice is a type of short-grain Italian rice that is used for dishes such as risotto and arancini. It is a popular choice for these recipes because it has a high starch content which helps to create a creamy, delicious dish. This guide will provide you with all the steps necessary to cook Arborio rice perfectly every time.
– 2 cups Arborio rice
– 4 cups cold water
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– Salt to taste
1. Begin by rinsing the Arborio rice in a fine mesh strainer. This will help to remove any excess starch and help to create a better consistency once cooked.
2. In a medium-sized pot, heat the extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the Arborio rice and stir.
3. Continue to cook the rice, stirring frequently, for approximately 3 minutes. This will help to toast the rice and release more of its flavor.
4. Add the cold water to the pot and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid.
5. Simmer the rice for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
6. After 15 minutes, remove the lid and check the rice. If there is still water in the pot, replace the lid and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. If desired, season with salt.
Arborio rice can be served on its own or as a side dish. It is also a great addition to soups and stews. Enjoy!