How To Cook Sweet Potatoes
All you need to know about: How To Cook Sweet Potatoes.
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes are a versatile and delicious vegetable that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Whether you want to roast, boil, steam, or bake them, these tips will help you get the most out of your sweet potatoes.
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash the sweet potatoes under cold running water to remove any dirt or debris.
3. Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
4. Place the sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
5. Drizzle the olive oil over the sweet potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
6. Use your hands to mix the sweet potatoes and oil together until the potatoes are evenly coated.
7. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Tips and Tricks
– For a crunchier texture, try cutting the sweet potatoes into cubes before roasting.
– If you don’t have olive oil, any other vegetable oil will work just as well.
– Add spices like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, or curry powder for extra flavor.
– For an even faster cooking time, you can microwave the sweet potatoes for 5-7 minutes before roasting.