How To Cook Mashed Potatoes
All you need to know about: How To Cook Mashed Potatoes.
-2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and diced
-1/4 cup butter
-1/4 cup milk
-salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water.
2. Bring the pot to a boil over medium-high heat and boil for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
3. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
4. Add the butter, milk, salt, and pepper, and mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a wooden spoon.
5. Continue to mash until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
6. Serve the mashed potatoes warm.
Tips and Variations
-For a creamier mashed potato dish, use cream instead of milk.
-Add minced garlic or chopped herbs for flavor.
-For a fluffier mashed potato, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the potatoes.
-Substitute the russet potatoes with Yukon Gold potatoes for a richer flavor.
-For cheesy mashed potatoes, stir in shredded cheese after mashing.
-For a healthier version of mashed potatoes, use low-fat milk and Greek yogurt instead of butter.