How To Cook With Salt Pork
All you need to know about: How To Cook With Salt Pork.
1 pound of salt pork
1. Begin by cutting the salt pork into cubes or strips. This is an important step as it will help the salt pork cook evenly.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the salt pork and cook until it is golden brown and crispy, about 5 minutes.
3. Once the salt pork is cooked, reduce the heat to medium-low and add any desired seasonings. This could include garlic, onions, herbs, and spices.
4. Cook the salt pork for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until it is cooked through and the desired texture is achieved.
5. The salt pork can then be used in a variety of dishes. It can be used as a base for soups and stews, or added to casseroles and salads. It can also be used as a topping for baked potatoes, pizzas, and other dishes.
1. Salt pork should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
2. When using salt pork, be sure to taste the dish before adding any additional salt.
3. Salt pork can be substituted for bacon in many recipes.