How To Cook Thick Pork Chops
All you need to know about: How To Cook Thick Pork Chops.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Pound the pork chops to an even thickness, about 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick.
3. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, or your favorite herbs and spices.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add the pork chops to the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
6. Transfer the pork chops to an oven-safe baking dish.
7. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven until the pork chops are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
• For extra flavor, you can add butter, garlic, and herbs to the baking dish before baking.
• To make sure the pork chops are cooked through, use an instant-read thermometer. The internal temperature of the pork chops should be 145°F (63°C).