How To Cook A Thick Pork Chop
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Thick Pork Chop.
– 4 thick pork chops, bone-in
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Pat dry the pork chops with paper towels.
3. In a shallow dish, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Rub the pork chops with the oil and spice mixture.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter.
6. Once the butter has melted, add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side.
7. Place the pork chops on a baking sheet.
8. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of the pork chops.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 145°F.
10. Let the pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving.
– Make sure to pat dry the pork chops before seasoning them, or you will end up with a soggy crust.
– To keep the pork chops from drying out, baste them with the butter and brown sugar mixture from the skillet every 10 minutes while baking.
– For extra flavor, add herbs and spices of your choice to the oil and spice mixture.