How To Cook A Pork Butt
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Pork Butt.
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2. Rub the pork butt with your favorite seasonings or a blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder and other spices.
3. Place the pork butt in a roasting pan, fat side up. Place a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and a halved onion around it.
4. Place the roasting pan in the preheated oven and cook for 4 to 5 hours, until the pork is fork tender and the internal temperature reads 80 degrees Celsius.
5. Remove the pork butt from the oven and let it rest for 15 minutes.
6. Carve the pork butt into thick slices and serve.
1. Make sure the pork butt is at room temperature before you season it.
2. To ensure even cooking, make sure the pork butt is placed in the center of the oven.
3. You can also cook the pork butt in a slow cooker. Add 1 cup of water or chicken stock to the slow cooker, place the pork butt in it and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
4. To make the pork more flavorful, you can marinate it in a mixture of herbs and spices for 12 to 24 hours.
5. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.