How To Cook A Pork Butt Roast
All you need to know about: How To Cook A Pork Butt Roast.
1 (4-5 pound) pork butt roast
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse and dry the pork butt roast with paper towels.
3. Rub the pork butt roast with extra virgin olive oil.
4. In a small bowl, mix together garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, dried oregano, black pepper, and sea salt.
5. Rub the spice mixture all over the pork butt roast.
6. Place the pork butt roast in a roasting pan and roast in the oven for 3-4 hours, or until the internal temperature of the pork butt reaches at least 145°F.
7. Once the pork butt is cooked, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
For a smokier flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of smoked chipotle powder to the spice mixture.
Be sure to check the internal temperature of the pork butt with a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked.