Israeli Couscous How To Cook
All you need to know about: Israeli Couscous How To Cook.
Israeli Couscous Cooking Instructions
Israeli couscous, also known as pearl couscous, is a popular Middle Eastern dish made from tiny round pasta balls. This versatile dish can be served as a main course or side dish, and is easy to make. Here’s how to cook Israeli couscous perfectly every time.
-1 cup Israeli couscous
-2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
-1 tablespoon butter (optional)
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium-sized pot, bring the broth to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Add the Israeli couscous and stir to combine.
3. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot.
4. Cook the Israeli couscous for 10-15 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
5. Remove the pot from the heat and let the couscous sit for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff the Israeli couscous with a fork, and stir in the butter (if using).
7. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Tips for Making Israeli Couscous
-For a flavorful variation, try adding sautéed vegetables, herbs, and spices to the Israeli couscous before serving.
-For a vegan version, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
-For a low-carb option, try substituting cauliflower rice for the Israeli couscous.
-Leftover Israeli couscous can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.