How To Cook Wheat Berries
All you need to know about: How To Cook Wheat Berries.
2 cups of wheat berries
3 cups of water
1 teaspoon of salt
1. Begin by rinsing the wheat berries in a mesh strainer. This will help to remove any dust or debris from the wheat berries.
2. Place the wheat berries in a pot and add 3 cups of water.
3. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the salt and continue to cook for another 10-15 minutes or until the wheat berries are tender.
6. Strain the water from the wheat berries and serve.
You can also add other flavorful ingredients to the cooking liquid such as herbs and spices.
Wheat berries can be served as a side dish or incorporated into salads, soups or stews.
Wheat berries can also be cooked in a slow cooker or pressure cooker.