How To Cook Venison
All you need to know about: How To Cook Venison.
-3-4 pounds venison
-Salt and pepper
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1 onion, diced
-2 cloves garlic, minced
-1 tablespoon tomato paste
-1 cup beef broth
-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
-2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Season the venison with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add the venison to the skillet and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the venison from the skillet and set aside.
6. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and flour and whisk to combine.
8. Return the venison to the skillet and bring to a simmer.
9. Add the thyme leaves and stir to combine.
10. Cover the skillet with a lid or foil and transfer to the preheated oven.
11. Cook for 1 hour, or until the venison is tender.
12. Serve warm with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!