How To Cook Tofu
All you need to know about: How To Cook Tofu.
– 1 lb. firm tofu
– 2-3 tablespoons of oil
– Your favorite seasonings, such as garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, or Italian seasoning
1. Drain the tofu: Start by draining and pressing the tofu to remove excess water. Wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel and place it on a plate. Place another plate on top of the tofu and place a heavy object (such as a pot or a stack of books) on top of the plate to press the water out of the tofu. Press for 15 minutes.
2. Cut the tofu: After draining the tofu, cut it into cubes or slices, whichever is preferred.
3. Prepare the tofu: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the tofu and seasonings.
4. Cook the tofu: Cook the tofu, stirring occasionally, until it is golden brown and crispy on the outside. This should take about 10 minutes.
5. Serve: Serve the tofu hot with your favorite sides. Enjoy!