How To Cook Tapioca Pearls
All you need to know about: How To Cook Tapioca Pearls.
Introduction to Tapioca Pearls
Tapioca pearls, also known as “boba” or “bubbles”, are small, round balls made from tapioca starch that are used in bubble tea, a popular drink originating from Taiwan. Tapioca pearls are chewy and gummy, and they add texture and flavor to bubble tea. In this recipe, we will show you how to cook tapioca pearls for bubble tea.
-1 cup tapioca pearls
-4 cups water
-1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1. Place the tapioca pearls in a bowl and cover them with cold water. Let the pearls soak for at least 20 minutes.
2. After the pearls have soaked, drain the water and rinse the pearls with cold water.
3. Place the pearls in a medium-sized pot and add 4 cups of water.
4. If you are using sugar, add the sugar to the pot.
5. Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil.
6. Once the water is boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the pearls simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. After 20 minutes, the pearls should be cooked through and tender.
8. Drain the water from the pot and rinse the cooked pearls with cold water.
9. The cooked pearls can be used immediately or stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cooking tapioca pearls is easy and simple. With this recipe, you can make perfect, chewy tapioca pearls for bubble tea. Enjoy!