How To Cook Summer Squash
All you need to know about: How To Cook Summer Squash.
Summer squash is a delicious and versatile vegetable that can be cooked in many different ways. Here is a simple recipe for cooking summer squash that yields a delicious, healthy side dish.
– 2 pounds of summer squash, sliced
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the summer squash into 1/4-inch thick slices.
3. Place the slices on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Sprinkle with minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
– You can also cook summer squash in a skillet on the stovetop. Just heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the squash slices, and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, or until tender.
– Summer squash can also be grilled or steamed. Grill over medium heat for 4-5 minutes per side, or steam for 8-10 minutes until tender.
– For extra flavor, try adding other herbs and spices to the squash. Basil, thyme, and rosemary all pair well with summer squash.
– Summer squash is a great addition to omelettes, frittatas, soups, and salads.