How To Cook Stew Meat
All you need to know about: How To Cook Stew Meat.
1 pound of stew meat
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of paprika
1 onion, diced
2 cups of beef broth
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1 cup of water
1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the olive oil to the pan.
2. Add the stew meat to the pan and season with garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and paprika. Cook the meat for 8-10 minutes until it is browned.
3. Add the diced onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
4. Pour in the beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Stir to combine.
5. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the tomato paste, cornstarch, and water until smooth.
7. Slowly pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened.
8. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes until the stew is thick and the meat is cooked through.
9. Serve with mashed potatoes, rice, or crusty bread. Enjoy!