How To Cook Short Ribs In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Short Ribs In The Oven.
3-4 pounds beef short ribs
Salt and pepper
1-2 tablespoons canola oil
2 onions, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups beef broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Season the ribs liberally with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy oven-safe pot over medium-high heat.
4. Add the ribs to the pot and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the ribs from the pot and set aside.
5. Add the onions and garlic to the pot and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
6. Add the beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, smoked paprika, brown sugar and bay leaves to the pot and stir to combine.
7. Return the ribs to the pot and bring to a simmer.
8. Cover the pot and transfer to the preheated oven.
9. Bake for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
10. Serve with mashed potatoes or your favorite side dish. Enjoy!