How To Cook Pumpkin For Pie
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pumpkin For Pie.
How to Cook Pumpkin for Pie
Making pumpkin pie from scratch is easier than you might think. All it takes is a few simple ingredients, some time, and a bit of patience. Here’s how to cook pumpkin for pie:
– 1 whole pumpkin (about 3-4 lbs)
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
– 1/4 teaspoon of ginger
– Salt to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
3. Place the pumpkin halves cut side down on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the pumpkin is tender when pierced with a fork.
5. Let the pumpkin cool for 10 minutes.
6. Peel off the skin and discard.
7. Place the pumpkin flesh in a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
8. Add the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt to the mashed pumpkin. Mix well.
9. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
10. Grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter.
11. Place the pumpkin mixture in the dish and spread evenly.
12. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the pie is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
13. Let the pie cool completely before serving. Enjoy!