How To Cook Prime Rib In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Prime Rib In The Oven.
– 1 (5-7 lb) boneless, prime rib
– 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
– 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
– 2 teaspoons black pepper
– 1 cup beef broth
1. Preheat the oven to 500°F.
2. Rub the prime rib with the rosemary, thyme, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Place the prime rib in a roasting pan.
4. Pour the beef broth into the bottom of the pan.
5. Roast the prime rib for 15 minutes.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
7. Roast for an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the roast is 145°F for medium-rare, 160°F for medium, and 170°F for well-done.
8. Let the roast rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
9. Slice the prime rib against the grain and serve.
– For the best results, use a meat thermometer to make sure your prime rib is cooked through.
– If desired, you can also add additional herbs and seasonings to the rub.
– Serve your prime rib with your favorite sides and sauces.