How To Cook Pinto Beans Without Soaking
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pinto Beans Without Soaking.
1. Rinse the pinto beans in a colander and pick out any stones or debris.
2. Put the beans in a large pot and cover with about 3 inches of cold water.
3. Bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 1-2 hours until the beans are tender.
4. Add more water if needed during the cooking process to ensure the beans are covered.
5. Once the beans are tender, add salt to taste.
Tips for Cooking Pinto Beans Without Soaking
• Adding a teaspoon of oil to the cooking water helps to reduce foaming.
• Adding a piece of kombu seaweed to the cooking water helps to soften the beans and adds a mild flavor.
• Adding a few cloves of garlic or a bay leaf to the cooking water adds flavor.
• Adding a teaspoon of vinegar or a tablespoon of tomato paste to the cooking water helps to reduce the amount of gas-producing compounds in the beans.
Pinto beans are a great addition to many dishes such as burritos, tacos, quesadillas, chili, soups and stews. They are also delicious served as a side dish with rice, cornbread or other grains. Enjoy!