How To Cook Pinto Beans In A Crock Pot
All you need to know about: How To Cook Pinto Beans In A Crock Pot.
-1 pound of dry pinto beans
-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
-1 large onion, diced
-3 cloves of garlic, minced
-1 teaspoon of ground cumin
-1 teaspoon of chili powder
-1 teaspoon of dried oregano
-1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-2 cups of vegetable broth
-3 cups of water
1. Start by rinsing and sorting the pinto beans. Place them in a large bowl and cover them with cold water. Let them soak for about 8 hours or overnight.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir and cook for another minute.
4. Transfer the mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and add the soaked pinto beans, vegetable broth, and water. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
6. Check the beans for doneness. They should be tender and cooked through. If they are not done, cover and continue cooking for another hour or so.
7. Once the beans are done, taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
Pinto beans are a great side dish for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, quesadillas, and more. They can also be served over rice or mashed for a delicious and nutritious main dish. Enjoy!