How To Cook Lentils
All you need to know about: How To Cook Lentils.
Ingredients for Lentils
– 1 cup of dried lentils
– 2 cups of water
– 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1 bay leaf
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Instructions for Cooking Lentils
1. Rinse the lentils in a colander, then place them in a medium saucepan.
2. Add the water, olive oil, sea salt, bay leaf, and black pepper.
3. Place the pan over high heat and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the lentils for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. The lentils are cooked when they are tender and have absorbed most of the liquid.
6. Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf.
7. Serve the cooked lentils warm.
– If you prefer your Lentils a bit softer, you can simmer them longer.
– You can also adjust the amount of salt and pepper according to your taste.
– You can also add other spices such as cumin, garlic, or ginger to give the lentils a flavor boost.