How To Cook Lasagna
All you need to know about: How To Cook Lasagna.
9 lasagna noodles
1 ½ pounds ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 ounces cottage cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until beef is browned. Drain fat. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato paste, sugar, oregano, black pepper and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, eggs, remaining parsley and salt.
5. Spread 1 ½ cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the cottage cheese mixture. Top with 1 ½ cups meat sauce, and sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
6. Cover with foil. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.