How To Cook Kidney Beans
All you need to know about: How To Cook Kidney Beans.
1 cup dried kidney beans
2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
1. Rinse the kidney beans.
2. Place the beans in a pot with 2 cups of water.
3. Bring the water to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover the pot and let it simmer for 1 hour.
5. Add salt and stir.
6. Simmer for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Check the beans for desired tenderness.
8. Drain the beans and serve.
Tips and Tricks:
1. Soaking the beans overnight can help reduce cooking time.
2. Adding a few slices of bacon to the pot can add flavor to the beans.
3. Adding a few cloves of garlic can also add flavor to the beans.
4. Adding a bay leaf can help enhance the flavor of the beans.
5. Adding a tablespoon of olive oil to the pot can help prevent the beans from foaming.
6. Adding a tablespoon of baking soda can help soften the beans.