How To Cook Kabocha Squash
All you need to know about: How To Cook Kabocha Squash.
– 1 kabocha squash, cut in half and seeded
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– Optional: 2 tablespoons of butter
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the kabocha squash in half, then scoop out the seeds.
4. Place the halves face down on the baking sheet.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
6. If desired, top each half with a tablespoon of butter.
7. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the flesh is tender and a knife easily pierces the skin.
8. Let the squash cool before serving.
Kabocha squash can be served as a side dish or as an entrée. To serve as a side, simply scoop out the cooked squash flesh and enjoy as-is or with a pat of butter. To serve as an entrée, scoop out the squash flesh and top with your favorite sauce, ground meat, or cheese. Enjoy!