How To Cook Hashbrowns
All you need to know about: How To Cook Hashbrowns.
How to Cook Hashbrowns
Hashbrowns are a classic breakfast side dish that has been around for hundreds of years. They are a simple dish of potatoes that are shredded, mixed with butter and salt, and then pan-fried. Hashbrowns are a great way to add flavor to a breakfast or brunch meal. Here’s how to cook hashbrowns.
– 2 large potatoes
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by washing and scrubbing your potatoes. Peel them if desired.
2. Using a cheese grater or food processor, grate the potatoes into small shreds.
3. Place the grated potatoes into a bowl and rinse them with cold water to remove any excess starch.
4. Drain the potatoes and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
5. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
6. Add the butter to the skillet and allow it to melt.
7. Add the grated potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Spread the potatoes out in the skillet.
9. Allow the potatoes to cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. When the potatoes are golden brown, flip them over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
11. Serve the hashbrowns hot. Enjoy!