How To Cook Green Lentils
All you need to know about: How To Cook Green Lentils.
1 cup of green lentils
2-3 cups of water or broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Rinse the lentils in a colander. Remove any debris or stones.
2. Place the lentils in a pot and add 2-3 cups of either water or broth.
3. Bring the lentils to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
4. Use a slotted spoon to check the lentils for doneness. The lentils should be soft and cooked through. If needed, cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
5. Once the lentils are cooked, add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Drain the excess liquid and serve.
Green lentils are incredibly versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes. Lentils can be added to salads, soups, stews, and even mixed into burgers. Lentils can also be served as a side dish with other grains like quinoa or rice.
For a simple and delicious side dish, try cooking the lentils with a bit of garlic, onions, and diced tomatoes. For added flavor, try adding a few spices like cumin, coriander, and paprika.
To make a heartier dish, try adding cooked lentils to a stir-fry with vegetables, noodles, and a flavorful sauce.