How To Cook Green Beens
All you need to know about: How To Cook Green Beens.
1. Start by preparing the green beans. Wash them in cold water and trim off the ends.
2. Place a large pot of water on the stove and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add a pinch of salt and the green beans to the pot.
3. Cook the green beans for 4-5 minutes, until they’re tender but still slightly crisp.
4. Drain the green beans and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
5. In a skillet, heat a tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add a few cloves of garlic, minced, and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the green beans to the skillet and cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
8. Serve immediately.
– If you’d like to add some flavor to the green beans, try adding a few sprigs of fresh thyme or rosemary.
– For a bit of crunch, add some sliced almonds or toasted pine nuts to the skillet.
– If you’d like to add some acidity, try adding a few tablespoons of balsamic vinegar or freshly squeezed lemon juice to the skillet.