How To Cook Green Beans On The Stove
All you need to know about: How To Cook Green Beans On The Stove.
– 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1/4 cup water
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Begin by trimming the ends of the green beans. This can be done by holding the stem end of one green bean and snapping the opposite end off.
2. Place the green beans in a large skillet.
3. Add the butter, water, salt and pepper to the skillet.
4. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and bring the liquid to a simmer.
5. Once the liquid is simmering, reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with a lid.
6. Allow the green beans to simmer in the liquid for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Once the green beans are tender, remove the lid and allow any excess liquid to cook off.
8. Serve the green beans hot with your favorite side dishes. Enjoy!