How To Cook Gnocchi
All you need to know about: How To Cook Gnocchi.
1 lb. russet potatoes
3/4 – 1 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Wash, dry, and pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes are soft.
2. Peel potatoes and mash until no lumps remain. Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes, egg, and 1/2 cup of flour. Knead the dough, working in more flour as needed until it is soft and no longer sticky.
4. Divide dough into four pieces. Roll each piece into a 1/2-inch thick rope. Cut ropes into 1-inch pieces.
5. To shape gnocchi, roll each piece of dough over the tines of a fork to create ridges.
6. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop in gnocchi and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes, or until gnocchi have risen to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon.
7. Serve immediately with your favorite sauce. Enjoy!