How To Cook Garbanzo Beans
All you need to know about: How To Cook Garbanzo Beans.
– 1 cup of dried garbanzo beans
– 2 quarts of water
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Start by picking through the garbanzo beans and removing any stones or debris.
2. Rinse the beans in a colander and then place in a medium-sized pot.
3. Add the water, salt, and olive oil.
4. Bring the pot to a boil and then reduce heat to low and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
5. Check the beans for desired tenderness. If needed, continue to simmer for a few more minutes.
6. Drain any excess liquid and serve.
– Soaking the garbanzo beans overnight before cooking can help reduce cooking time.
– Adding a bay leaf to the pot while cooking can add more flavor.
– Adding a little bit of baking soda to the cooking water can help soften the beans.
– For extra flavor, try adding some herbs and spices such as oregano, cumin, or garlic.