How To Cook Fresh Lima Beans
All you need to know about: How To Cook Fresh Lima Beans.
– 1 cup of fresh lima beans
– 2 cups of water
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by rinsing and picking through the lima beans to remove any debris, rocks, or dirt.
2. Place the lima beans in a medium-sized saucepan and cover them with the 2 cups of water.
3. Turn the heat to medium-high and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and let the lima beans simmer for about 30 minutes.
5. After 30 minutes, check to see if the lima beans are tender. If they are not, let them simmer for an additional 10 minutes or until they are tender.
6. Once the lima beans are cooked, drain the water and add the butter, salt, and pepper to the beans.
7. Stir the lima beans to combine the butter and seasonings and serve.
– You can also add diced onions, garlic, or other herbs and spices to the lima beans for extra flavor.
– If you are in a hurry, you can also use canned lima beans. Just make sure to drain and rinse them before cooking.
– You can also cook lima beans in a slow cooker. Simply add the beans and water to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
– Lima beans can also be added to soups, stews, and salads for added nutrition and flavor.