How To Cook Fresh Beets
All you need to know about: How To Cook Fresh Beets.
– 4 fresh beets, with leaves still attached
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– Salt and pepper, to taste
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 2 tablespoons of white wine or apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Wash and trim the beets, leaving an inch or two of stem attached.
3. Place beets on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
4. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, flipping beets once during cooking.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. When beets are cool enough to handle, peel off the skin and discard.
6. Cut beets into small cubes and set aside.
7. Place butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add beets and stir to coat.
8. Cook beets for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Add vinegar and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
10. Remove from heat and serve warm. Enjoy!