How To Cook Filet Mignon In Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Filet Mignon In Oven.
• 2 filet mignon steaks
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon rosemary
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Rub the steaks with olive oil and season with garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Sear the steaks on both sides until they are browned and a crust forms.
5. Transfer to a baking dish and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes or until desired doneness.
6. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
• For the best results, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steaks.
• For a medium-rare steak, the internal temperature should reach 135°F.
• For a medium steak, the internal temperature should reach 145°F.
• For a well-done steak, the internal temperature should reach 160°F.