What do you want to cook today?
How To Cook Dry Beans
All you need to know about: How To Cook Dry Beans.
1 pound of dry beans
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
4 cups of water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sort through the beans and remove any stones or debris.
2. Place the beans in a large pot and cover with 2 inches of cold water. Let the beans soak overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
3. Drain the beans and rinse with cold water.
4. Heat the oil in the pot over medium-high heat.
5. Add the beans and stir to coat with the oil.
6. Add the 4 cups of water and bring the mixture to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the beans, uncovered, for 1 to 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the beans are tender and cooked through.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve.