How To Cook Dried Beans
All you need to know about: How To Cook Dried Beans.
-1 cup of dried beans
-1 teaspoon of salt
-4 cups of water
1. Begin by rinsing the beans in a colander until the water runs clear.
2. Place the rinsed beans in a large pot and cover them with 4 cups of cold water.
3. Bring the beans to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer.
4. Simmer the beans for about 1 – 2 hours until they are soft.
5. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the pot and stir. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Remove the beans from the heat and let them sit for 10 minutes.
7. Drain the beans in a colander and serve.
-Be sure to check the beans periodically while they are cooking to make sure they don’t become too soft.
-You can also add some seasonings to the pot while the beans are cooking such as onions, garlic, and herbs.
-Beans can also be cooked in a slow cooker or pressure cooker for a quicker cooking time.