How To Cook Cranberries
All you need to know about: How To Cook Cranberries.
– 2 cups of fresh or frozen cranberries
– 1 cup of granulated sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
– 1/2 cup of water
– 1 teaspoon of orange zest (optional)
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
3. Once the mixture starts to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
4. As the cranberries cook, they’ll start to burst and release their natural juices.
5. When the cranberries are tender and the liquid has thickened, add the orange zest (if desired).
6. Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool before serving.
Cranberries can be served warm or cold. They’re delicious over ice cream, yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, or even just on their own. Enjoy!