How To Cook Calamari
All you need to know about: How To Cook Calamari.
1 pound calamari, cleaned and cut into rings
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, cut into wedges
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder and black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the calamari rings to the flour mixture and toss to coat.
4. Add the calamari rings to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown.
5. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6. Serve the calamari with lemon wedges.
– Make sure to pat the calamari dry before adding it to the flour mixture.
– If you prefer a spicier flavor, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to the flour mixture.
– To keep the calamari from getting tough, do not overcook.