How To Cook Buckwheat
All you need to know about: How To Cook Buckwheat.
– 1 cup of buckwheat
– 2 cups of water
– Salt to taste
1. Rinse the buckwheat groats in a fine-mesh strainer. It’s important to remove any dirt or debris.
2. Pour the rinsed buckwheat into a medium-sized pot and add 2 cups of water.
3. Place the pot over medium-high heat and bring the water to a boil.
4. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Check the buckwheat after 15 minutes. If it’s cooked, turn off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. If it’s still slightly crunchy, cover it and let it cook for a few more minutes.
6. Fluff the buckwheat with a fork and season to taste with salt.
Buckwheat is great as a side dish or as a main course. It can be served hot or cold and is perfect for adding to salads, soups, stews, and stir-fries. It can also be used as a substitute for rice or quinoa in any recipe.