How To Cook Brisket In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brisket In The Oven.
• 4-5 pound beef brisket
• 1/2 cup beef broth
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Rinse the brisket with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the brisket with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and brown sugar.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, tomato paste, and 2 tablespoons of the dry rub.
5. Place the brisket in a roasting pan and pour the liquid mixture over the top.
6. Cover the roasting pan with aluminum foil and place in the preheated oven.
7. Bake the brisket for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is tender and cooked through.
8. Once cooked, remove the brisket from the oven, let cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
• For best results, let the brisket rest for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
• To add extra flavor, add fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme to the dry rub.
• For a crispier crust, remove the aluminum foil after 2 hours of cooking and let the brisket brown in the oven for the last hour.