How To Cook Bratwurst In The Oven
All you need to know about: How To Cook Bratwurst In The Oven.
– 6-8 bratwursts
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 teaspoons of dried herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, or a combination of all)
– 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon of salt
– 1/2 cup of chicken broth
– 1 tablespoon of butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the diced onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and beginning to brown.
4. Season the bratwursts with the herbs, smoked paprika, black pepper, and salt.
5. Place the bratwursts in the skillet with the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
6. Transfer the bratwursts, onion, garlic, and any remaining oil from the skillet to an oven-safe dish.
7. Pour the chicken broth into the skillet and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
8. Once the broth is simmering, whisk in the butter until it is melted and combined.
9. Pour the broth and butter mixture over the bratwursts in the oven-safe dish.
10. Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until the bratwursts are cooked through.
11. Serve the bratwursts with the onion and garlic from the oven-safe dish, and enjoy!