How To Cook Brats
All you need to know about: How To Cook Brats.
– 6-8 fresh bratwursts
– 1 large onion, diced
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 2 cups of beer (preferably a lager)
– 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
4. Add the bratwursts and brown on all sides, about 10 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the beer, mustard, brown sugar, and smoked paprika.
6. Pour the beer mixture over the bratwursts and onions.
7. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and season with salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve the bratwursts with your favorite sides. Enjoy!