How To Cook Boston Butt In Crockpot
All you need to know about: How To Cook Boston Butt In Crockpot.
What Is A Boston Butt?
A Boston butt, also known as a pork shoulder, is a cut of pork that comes from the shoulder area of the pig. It has a nice, fatty marbling that makes it perfect for slow-cooking and is often used to make pulled pork.
-4-5 lb. Boston butt
-1/4 cup of oil
-1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ rub
-1 cup of apple juice
-1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat your crockpot to low.
2. Rub the Boston butt with oil and your favorite BBQ rub.
3. Place the Boston butt into the crockpot and pour the apple juice and apple cider vinegar over it.
4. Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily with a fork.
5. Once cooked, remove the Boston butt from the crockpot and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Boston butt can be served as is, or shredded and served on buns with your favorite BBQ sauce or condiments. This dish pairs well with roasted potatoes, coleslaw, or a side salad. Enjoy!